During the dog days of summer, many households rely on their air conditioning system to get them through. The air conditioner is such an essential part of many homes, yet many owners do not put much thought into the unit. While knowing every detail of an air conditioner is not necessary, it is a good idea to know the main parts of the system. Knowing this will help with simple maintenance. Below we will go over the main parts of an air conditioner.
- Compressor – This part chills the indoor air by moving refrigerant between the condenser and the evaporator.
- Thermostat – The thermostat controls the amount of cold air distributed in the room.
- Blower – Also known as a fan, the blower circulates air over the evaporator. This process is what disperses the chilled air.
- Fan – The fan differs from the blower. The fan of an air conditioner dissipates the heat outside of the unit.
- Filter – The primary function of the filter is to remove particles from the air.
- Condenser – This part allows the collected heat into the outside air using hot coils.
- Evaporator – With the use of cooling coils, the evaporator removes heat and humidity from the air.
Here at Quality Heat and Cool, we handle all issues with cooling and heating Brooklyn. If you have any questions or concerns about your HVAC Brooklyn system, give us a call today!